Termite Swarming is Underway in South Carolina!
Throughout the Southeastern US, the spring season marks the beginning of warmer weather, blooming flowers and swarming termites. In South Carolina, where temperatures are warmer year round, termites can breed and infest homes earlier in the spring. The warm, humid climate associated with South Carolina makes our state a great home for a few different species of termites. Understanding which species you are at risk for, and the signs of termite damage, is critical for homeowners looking to protect their investment.
Signs of Swarming Termite Damage to your property in South Carolina
In general, termites cause over $5 billion per year in property damage in the US, an expense not usually covered by homeowners insurance. Understanding the signs of swarming termite damage is essential for homeowners looking to protect their homes.
Here are some common signs of a swarming termite infestation:
- Mud tubes (used by termites to reach a food source) on the exterior of the home.
- Soft wood in the home that sounds hollow when tapped.
- Darkening or blistering of wood structures.
- Small piles of feces that resemble sawdust or coffee grounds near a termite nest.
- Discarded wings near doors or on windowsills, possibly indicating the presence of swarmers, which are often mistaken for flying ants.
Termite damage should never be ignored. If you think you notice signs of termite activity or have termite damage, its best to contact the licensed professionals at Procore Pest Control so they can best determine the extent of the problem and recommend a proper treatment plan.
Contact us today for Termite Inspections in the following Locations:
- Swarming Termite Service in Greenville, SC (864) 520-5100
- Swarming Termite Service in Columbia, SC (803) 728-6677
- Swarming Termite Service in Charleston, SC (843) 779-7170
- Swarming Termite Service in Norfolk, VA (757) 600-4455
Related News-Blog Posts
7 tips to keep bugs from invading your home this spring in South Carolina and Virginia Beach There’s only one downside to a beautiful spring
Fall is a favorite season for many, as it signals the beginning of colorful leaves and crisp cool weather. But for many pests, especially rodents, the
When is it time to call a Professional Termite Inspection Company? Many people wonder when it’s time to call a professional when a termite infestation
Bed Bug Control & Removal: How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs Bed Bugs are a source of serious problems for many homeowners and business