Fall is a favorite season for many, as it signals the beginning of colorful leaves and crisp cool weather. But for many pests, especially rodents, the change in season indicates the need to find refuge from the cold winter ahead. The experienced team at Procore Pest Control would like to remind homeowners of the importance that Fall Pest Control can play in keeping pests from making their home in yours without even paying you any rent.
Rodents carry diseases, including Salmonella and Hantavirus, and can cause structural damage to a property by gnawing through wires, which can cause house fires, and nesting in insulation. Cockroaches also spread disease and their droppings and saliva can trigger asthma attacks, especially in young children. Spiders will bite if threatened, injecting venom that can be dangerous to those with allergic reactions. When the autumn weather cools, our warm homes are just as enticing to pests as they are to us.
The experts at Procore Pest Control recommend the following Fall Pest Control Treatments
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Seal cracks and crevices on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house; keep shrubbery well-trimmed.
If you suspect a Fall Pest Control Invasion in your home, contact Procore Pest Control to inspect, identify and treat the problem.
Procore Pest Control is your local Spider Control Exterminator
Spiders are skilled predators, using their webs to trap unsuspecting pests. While most spiders are harmless, discovering a spider web in your home can be an unsettling experience. Utilizing a professional pest control service is your best option for getting rid of them. If you have a spider problem in South Carolina, call us and let us handle it for you!
Don’t Be Caught Without Fall Pest Control this season! Procore Pest Control is a full service Commercial Pest Control and Residential Pest Control Company that is locally owned and proudly serving the following communities in South Carolina: