Bed Bug Control & Removal: How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Bed Bugs are a source of serious problems for many homeowners and business owners. Bed Bugs have been on the rise throughout the southeast for the past several years. Bed Bugs can cause physical harm by leaving itchy bites. For businesses like hotels, Bed Bugs can destroy the reputation of your establishment. Our team of experienced professionals provide the latest advances in Bed Bug Treatment and Pest Control in throughout the state of South Carolina including: Greenville SC | Columbia SC | Charleston SC
Bed bugs can multiply quickly, so early detection is critical to help prevent an even larger infestation. Our comprehensive Bed Bug Removal Process works to assess your home, implement solutions, and eliminate any bed bug problems you may face with our Bed Bug Eradication Services.
What are bed bugs?
- Bed bugs are small, flat wingless insects that are reddish-brown in color and approximately one-quarter inch long, before feeding (about the size and shape of a small apple seed).
- They hide during the day on beds (mattress seams, box springs, bed frames, headboards) and in cracks and crevices of walls, floors and furniture. They come out at night.
- They do not fly or jump, but they can crawl rapidly.
How can I get Bed Bugs into my home?
- They can come from other infested areas or from used furniture. They can hitch a ride in luggage, purses, backpacks, or other items placed on soft or upholstered surfaces.
- Our Bed Bug Detection Programs can help homeowners with early detection.
- They can travel between rooms in multi-unit buildings, such as apartment complexes and hotels. Our Bed Bug Experts will provide your business with a custom tailored Bed Bug Service Plan.
How can I avoid bringing bed bugs into my home?
- When staying in a hotel, place your bag on a suitcase stand rather than on the bed or floor. Keep the rack away from walls or furniture. When returning home, wash the clothes from your trip and put them in a hot dryer.
- Inspect new and used furniture before bringing it inside. Look in seams, tufts and under cushions.
How do I know if I have a bed bug problem?
- You can see the bed bugs themselves, their shed skins, or their droppings in mattress seams and other items in the bedroom.
- There may also be blood stains on sheets.
How do I control a bed bug problem in my home?
It can be done, but it usually requires what is called an “integrated pest management” (IPM) approach. This combines techniques that pose the lowest risk to your health and the environment. Try these strategies:
- Clean and get rid of clutter, especially in your bedroom.
- Move your bed away from walls or furniture.
- Vacuum molding, windows and floors every day. Vacuum sides and seams of mattresses, box springs and furniture. Empty the vacuum or the bag immediately and dispose of outside in a sealed container or bag.
- Wash sheets, pillow cases, blankets and bed skirts and put them in a hot dryer for at least 30 minutes. Consider using mattress and box spring covers –the kind used for dust mite control–and put duct tape over the zippers.
- Seal cracks and crevices and any openings where pipes or wires come into the home.
- Make use of Bed Bug Spray and Bed Bug Repellant.
At Procore Pest Control, we never stop learning from bugs. We use the latest technology and unparalleled training, so we can protect your home with an effective plan suited to your specific needs. Simply put, we have extensive experience with Bed Bug Control & Removal.
Procore Pest Control is an Extermination company that is locally owned in South Carolina with operations in Greenville SC, Columbia SC and Charleston SC. We employ knowledgeable and reliable service technicians who are specifically trained in the latest methods for Bed Bug Extermination and Pest Control. We offer our residential and commercial customers a wide variety of affordable and environmentally safe Pest Control Services.
We provide the most comprehensive set of Pest Control Services available including:
- Bed Bug Detection and Eradication
- Termite Treatment
- Household Pest Control
We are the trusted source for all of your Pest Control needs and our Mission is to eliminate pest problems by focusing on the root cause of every Pest Control Problems that you may have. Customer satisfaction is the Top Priority and we provide our customers with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Procore Pest Control is insured and licensed in “integrated pest management” (IPM) in the entire state of South Carolina including:
- Greenville SC Pest Control
- Columbia SC Pest Control
- Charleston SC Pest Control